IF YOU LIKE
These beers can be described as nut browns with aromas and flavors to toffee and caramel, a little more robust than the amber ales and lagers.
Other similar styles: Dark Lager, Dunkel, Bocks, Porter
YOU SHOULD GIVE THESE LOCAL BEERS A TRY
Empyrean Third Stone Brown
Nebraska Brewing Company Brunette
Scratchtown MMR Brown Ale
Thunderhead Cornstalker Dark Wheat
*Beers subject to availability per season
These beers are wonderful, but don’t have major commercial examples to compare to.
- Scriptown’s St. Mynrad Belgian Golden Strong Ale Complex, spicy aroma, with just a hint of sourness, and always delicious.
- Peace Tree Templeton Aged Indecision Black IPA Think an IPA, but with dark roasted malt you might recognize from stouts. It’s the best of both worlds. THEN it’s aged in Templeton Rye barrels.
- Upstream Barrel Aged Quad A Belgian style quad with hints of dark dark fruits like plum, raisin and dark cherry, with the oaky vanilla that barrel aging provides
- Lucky Bucket Oud Bruin A delicious, very tart Belgian style brown ale.
- Thunderhead Jalapeno Ale It’s a Jalapeno Ale!!! Rejoice!